Tuesday 20 August 2019

What Lies Have You Been Telling Yourself…?

Don't think thoughts that don't serve you
I have been committed to working on my mindset for a year and a half now (just a fraction of the time I have been on this planet!) and no matter how much work I do, how much I learn and how much awareness I develop - I continue to get a-ha moments on a daily basis. 

This week’s was about the stories I have been telling myself - for years - which simply AREN’T TRUE! 

I have already acknowledged a couple of these and tried to work on them - but it is only now that I realise what they are, how engrained they are in my mind and how they have been holding me back. 


Listening to these false beliefs has prevented me from acting in the way I need to act, to move towards my vision and achieve the things I want to achieve. 


What’s worse, is that as I’ve voiced these negative beliefs about myself to friends over the years, they have all told me they don’t see me in this way and even told me that it’s not true.  

Talk about getting in your own way! ;-) 


These are the hurdles that are likely to be preventing you from achieving your own version of success. If you believe you are not good enough, you won’t take that next step forward. If you believe you don’t know enough yet you will never start. 


In fact anything that you believe, that deep down you know isn’t true, will be hindering you. 


The only thing you need to do is work on breaking these old, false, self limiting beliefs and creating new beliefs that are REAL and aligned to your vision, the person you already are and the person you want to be. 


By doing this inner work, you will see the results in your outer world. If you don’t know where to start, you could follow this simple 3 step process that I used (that took hardly any time at all!) 



  1. Write out what each of the false beliefs are
  2. Then write as many true statements as you can for each belief that contradicts it and demonstrates that it simply isn’t true. (You will surprise yourself at what you really know to be true)
  3. Write out an affirmation for each false belief, to reflect your new (and true!) belief for each. 

Look at this daily to remind yourself of your new truth. You are likely to have been living with these false beliefs for a long time and so will need some level of repetition in order to break and replace them. 


You will find, that in a short amount of time, you will start adjusting your thoughts and perception and will certainly notice an increased awareness whenever these limiting thoughts and beliefs try and sneak back into your mind.


Are you getting in your own way?!


What false beliefs have you been telling yourself?  


If you don’t know, think about all the areas of your life and how you are doing in each of them. If there are some areas that you are not happy or living how you want to live - why is that?  


What pops into your mind? Take note of that, as this is likely to be your negative belief. 


Are you ready to address them and create new beliefs that support your vision and limitless potential?


This could be the most powerful work you have ever done. 


Remember to be kind to yourself and if you want to make yourself feel more empowered, capable and worthy try and take some time out to appreciate and acknowledge your achievements, skills and capabilities - no matter how small! This will go a long way in serving you and helping you get the success you always dreamed of! 


You are worthy. You are limitless. You’ve got this! 


I hope this helps just one of you out there! 

Have an amazing day
 😃


Laptop Lifestyle Living


No comments:

Post a Comment

STOP Using Facebook Ads - The Best Alternative Ad Platforms

Have a great day!  😃 Laptop Lifestyle Living -  Design A Life You Love! Watch us on YouTube  |  Find us on Facebook  |  Follow us...